DECEMBER 4, 2019
REGULAR MEETING – 6:00 PM
Mayor Grimshaw, Trustees: Emery, Hotchkiss, Harter and Trustee Linerode (arrived 6:10 pm), John Power, William Hamacher, Attorney Mowry
Mayor Grimshaw called the Regular meeting to order at 6:00 pm.
The Minutes of the Regular Meeting of November 6, 2019 were approved on motion of Trustee Hotchkiss seconded by Trustee Harter, all aye. Trustee Emery abstained. The following claims were approved for payment on motion of Trustee Hotchkiss seconded by Trustee Harter, all aye:
General Fund Abstract:
Water Fund Abstract:
Sewer Fund Abstract:
WWTP Upgrade Project Abstract:
Reports were given by William Hamacher Zoning/Code Enforcement Officer and John Power/Village Administrator.
On motion of Trustee Hotchkiss, seconded Trustee Linerode, all aye, the following funds were transferred:
From-1990.4 Contingency $600.00
To- 7550.4 Celebrations $500.00
1910.4 Insurance $100.00
From-1990.4 Contingency $10.00
9710.7 Interest-Serial Bond $10.00
On motion of Trustee Emery, seconded Trustee Harter, all aye, the board agreed to set the fire inspection fee for apartments to $50.00 for the first apartment and $25.00 for each additional apartment. The fire inspection is for a 3-year period.
On motion of Trustee Hotchkiss, seconded Trustee Harter, all aye, the following cemetery rules and regulations was passed with the modifications discussed:
Village of Mexico Cemetery
Rules & Regulations
- The cemetery is under VIDEO SURVEILLANCE at all times.
- Cemetery hours are DAWN TO DUSK. Anyone found to be in the cemetery except during these hours will be subject to prosecution.
- During the winter months the cemetery will be CLOSED to vehicles, but a pathway will be maintained for pedestrian traffic after all sidewalks are cleared of snow.
- All dogs MUST be on leash and all pet waste MUST be cleaned up and disposed of properly.
- Drinking alcohol, drug use, recreational vehicle usage, hunting, fishing, trapping or sports play is strictly prohibited.
- Loitering, soliciting or vagrancy is NOT PERMITTED.
- Firearms other than for military honors are NOT PERMITTED at any time.
- Vehicles are prohibited from leaving the designated roadways, but should be pulled to the side to let other vehicles pass by.
- Any excavation without permission of the village is strictly prohibited.
- No person or persons shall bury anything in the cemetery. All burials of any type are to be performed by village personnel only. NO EXCEPTIONS
- Plantings other than flowers, small bushes, etc. are prohibited and will be removed upon discovery.
- All monument foundations are to be constructed by village personnel. NO EXCEPTIONS
- The village reserves the right to remove dead flowers, faded artificial flowers/decorations and overgrown plantings that impede the maintenance operation.
- Reasonable efforts are made to protect approved memorials, flowers, etc. but the village disclaims responsibility for any damage or injury thereto.
- Rubbish collected from the lots must be removed to places of deposit. Trashcans are provided for that purpose. No household or vehicle trash please.
- The village may expel from the cemetery, or cause to be arrested, any person or persons that are in violation of the posted cemetery rules & regulations.
- Persons are reminded that these grounds are sacredly devoted to the burial of the deceased and quiet reflection for the living. We kindly ask that you respect the rules.
- The village reserves the right to amend, modify, or suspend any existing rules or regulations or to adopt new rules and regulations as the need arises.
- Any questions or concerns please contact the Village of Mexico office (315) 963-7564
On motion of Trustee Hotchkiss, seconded Trustee Linerode, all aye, the board agreed to purchase a radar sign with the software and the bracket from RADARSIGN in the amount of $3,200.00.
On motion of Trustee Emery, seconded Trustee Hotchkiss, all aye, the regular January board meeting will be held on Thursday, January 2, 2020 at 6:00 pm.
The meeting adjourned at 6:56 p.m. on motion of Trustee Linerode, seconded Trustee Hotchkiss all aye.