VILLAGE OF MEXICO
Please Take Notice, the Fiscal Year-End meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Village of Mexico will be held on Wednesday May 29, 2019 at 2:00 p.m. in the Village Hall, 3236 Main Street, Mexico, New York.
Traci M. Wallace
VILLAGE OF MEXICO
The Village Board of Trustee of the Village of Mexico will hold a Special Meeting on May 8, 2019, at 3:00 pm at the Village Hall, 3236 Main St., Mexico, NY to review and approve Bond Resolution for water project and to review and approve Bond Resolution for WWTP phase 3 and approve SEQR.
Dated: May 1, 2019
Village Board of Trustees
Traci M. Wallace
The Village of Mexico has begun routine flushing of hydrants. If you experience cloudy or dirty water please do not be alarmed. Allow the water to run at full stream and the issue should resolve on its own. Please be aware that water is still potable during this time due to maintained chlorine residual. If you have any questions, please contact the Randy Stevens at (315) 447-3416 or the Village Office at (315) 963-7564
CURBSIDE BRUSH PICK UP POLICY
- Brush pick up is scheduled for the 3rd Wednesday of the month from April – November. Weather conditions and other situations may alter the actual pick up day
- Brush CANNOT be piled curbside during the months of December, January, February and March, as such piles could impede or alter snow removal operations
- Brush CANNOT be piled curbside more than (7) seven days prior to the scheduled pick up
- Brush must be cut into 4’ lengths and piled neatly within 5’ of the edge of the street. Piles shall not exceed 4’ in height
- Brush shall not be piled around poles, signs, hydrants, fences or as to interfere with the sidewalk as it makes it difficult for our equipment to effectively pick it up and WILL NOT BE PICKED UP
- Brush is defined as small limbs not to exceed 3” in diameter, branches, pruning’s, etc. Material that exceeds these dimensions WILL NOT BE PICKED UP
- Any trees or material in excess of 3” in diameter that are removed by the homeowner or professionally from the property are the responsibility of the homeowner. Brush from these trees is also considered the responsibility of the homeowner
- Any trees that are trimmed, cut down and/or removed by a contractor WILL NOT BE PICKED UP and are considered the homeowners responsibility
- Yard waste, rocks, stumps, material resulting from stump grinding, construction debris, etc. are not considered brush and WILL NOT BE PICKED UP
CURBSIDE LEAF REMOVAL POLICY
October 10th – December 10th
- Leaves will be removed from the curbside of the street edge of properties from October 10 through December 10, weather permitting.
- Only leaves are to be placed for pick up. Piles containing sticks, stones, branches or anything other than leaves, WILL NOT BE PICKED UP. These objects damage the leaf vacuum equipment.
- Leaves should be as close to the street as possible, but no further than 4’ from the edge of the street. Keep leaf piles at least 4’ from either side of poles, signs, mail boxes, fire hydrants, etc., as the hose cannot reach around these items.
- If an early snow fall should occur prior to December 10th not allowing residents to finish getting their leaves picked-up, the village will pick up leaves again the following April. This will take place during the FIRST FULL WEEK OF APRIL ONLYweather permitting.
VILLAGE WINTER SIDEWALK REGULATIONS
The Village of Mexico has approximately 7 miles of sidewalks and is known for being a walkable village. The Village Board recognizes the importance of clearing sidewalks of snow to provide safe pedestrian routes to essential services, schools, areas of commerce and recreational opportunities.
The Village Board views the removal of snow from sidewalks as a collaborative effort between the village and its residents. The Mexico Village Ordinance #14 specifically states that the property owners have a legal obligation to clear sidewalks adjacent to their properties of obstructions including snow, ice and snowplow residue. Snow removed from sidewalks may not be deposited on the roadway of any street.
The Village of Mexico provides supplemental service to help property owners clear their sidewalks during a substantial winter storm. The village will begin clearing sidewalks once new snowfall has exceeded 3”. The normal sidewalk route takes 8 hours to complete and property owners are asked to be patient and to shovel their own sidewalks if the plow has not yet come by. Depending on the severity of the storm, sidewalk clearing policies must sometimes be altered to meet the needs of the situation. Sidewalk snow removal usually happens in the early morning when pedestrian traffic is lowest, but this schedule is modified to respond to actual storm conditions.
Due to the limitations of mechanical equipment and sidewalk irregularities sidewalks may not be cleared or maintained to a dry pavement standard. Reasonable attempts will be made to avoid depositing excessive snow in driveways and/or private sidewalks, however, the removal of any snow deposits that may result from the sidewalk clearing operations are the responsibility of the adjacent property owner. The Village will not be responsible for incidental plow damage to turf, driveways, irrigation systems, or landscaping located within the public rights-of-way or easements. Any related repair will be the responsibility of the adjacent property owners and/or occupant. Sidewalks must remain free of any obstructions (i.e. vehicles, refuse containers, play equipment, implements, etc.). If obstructions are encountered, the sidewalk plow operator may skip the affected property frontage and the subsequent removal will be the responsibility of the adjacent property owner and/or occupant.
Trash and Recycle receptacles cannot be placed at curbside before 7:00 pm Monday and must be removed by 8:00 pm Tuesday. Please remember all trash and recyclables must be in covered containers. Appliances, furniture and construction material will not be picked up by the weekly trash service, please make arrangements to dispose of these items.