The Village of Mexico will hold an emergency meeting on Wednesday July 29, 2020 at 1:00 PM in the Village Office. The purpose of this meeting is to review quotes and award a contract for the emergency replacement of the water main that crosses the Little Salmon River.
Dated: July 29, 2020
Board of Trustees
Village of Mexico
THE VILLAGE OFFICE IS NOW OPEN TO THE PUBLIC. MASKS ARE REQUIRED TO ENTER.
YOUR WATER/SEWER PAYMENTS AND VILLAGE TAXES CAN ALSO BE PUT THROUGH THE DROP BOX OR SEND THEM THROUGH THE MAIL. IF YOU WOULD LIKE A RECEIPT PLEASE INDICATE AND WE WILL GLADLY SEND YOU A PAID RECEIPT
IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE YOU CAN CALL THE VILLAGE OFFICE AT (315) 963-7564
IF YOU HAVE A HIGHWAY RELATED EMERGENCY CALL JOHN AT (315) 559-7501 OR IF IT’S A WATER/SEWER EMERGENCY CALL RANDY AT (315) 447-3416
PLEASE SAY SAFE AND HEALTHY!
The Village of Mexico has begun routine flushing of hydrants. If you experience cloudy or dirty water please do not be alarmed. Allow the water to run at full stream and the issue should resolve on its own. Please be aware that water is still potable during this time due to maintained chlorine residual. If you have any questions, please contact the Village Office at (315) 963-7564.
VILLAGE ELECTIONS THAT WERE SCHEDULED FOR MARCH 18, 2020 HAVE BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL SEPTEMBER 15, 2020.
Trash and Recycle receptacles cannot be placed at curbside before 7:00 pm Monday and must be removed by 8:00 pm Tuesday. Please remember all trash and recyclables must be in covered containers. Appliances, furniture and construction material will not be picked up by the weekly trash service, please make arrangements to dispose of these items.
Curbside Brush Pick Up Policy
- Brush pick up is scheduled for the 3rd Wednesday of the month from April – November. Weather conditions and other situations may alter the actual pick up day
- Brush CANNOT be piled curbside during the months of December, January, February and March, as such piles could impede or alter snow removal operations
- Brush CANNOT be piled curbside more than (7) seven days prior to the scheduled pick up
- Brush must be cut into 4’ lengths and piled neatly within 5’ of the edge of the street. Piles shall not exceed 4’ in height
- Brush shall not be piled around poles, signs, hydrants, fences or as to interfere with the sidewalk as it makes it difficult for our equipment to effectively pick it up and WILL NOT BE PICKED UP
- Brush is defined as small limbs not to exceed 3” in diameter, branches, pruning’s, etc. Material that exceeds these dimensions WILL NOT BE PICKED UP
- Any trees or material in excess of 3” in diameter that are removed by the homeowner or professionally from the property are the responsibility of the homeowner. Brush from these trees is also considered the responsibility of the homeowner
- Any trees that are trimmed, cut down and/or removed by a contractor WILL NOT BE PICKED UP and are considered the homeowners responsibility
- Yard waste, dirt, rocks, stumps, material resulting from stump grinding, construction debris, etc. are not considered brush and WILL NOT BE PICKED UP
EFFECTIVE MARCH 6, 2019
Curbside Leaf Removal Policy
October 10th – December 10th
- Leaves will be removed from the curbside of the street edge of properties from October 10 through December 10, weather permitting.
- Only leaves are to be placed for pick up. Piles containing sticks, stones, branches or anything other than leaves, WILL NOT BE PICKED UP. These objects damage the leaf vacuum equipment.
- Leaves should be as close to the street as possible, but no further than 4’ from the edge of the street. Keep leaf piles at least 4’ from either side of poles, signs, mail boxes, fire hydrants, etc., as the hose cannot reach around these items.
- If an early snow fall should occur prior to December 10th not allowing residents to finish getting their leaves picked-up, the village will pick up leaves again the following April. This will take place during the FIRST FULL WEEK OF APRIL ONLY weather permitting.